Monday, October 15, 2007

What I didn't See

Yesterday we were all out in the yard, Chris and the kids were at the barn and I was in the front yard with the puppies. Macy and Dillon were taking turns leading Happy Appy to the fence and climbing on him bareback. All of a sudden I hear this "ruckus" in the back. I can hear loud kids voices, then a clanging metal gate and finally Chris yelling. By the time I get to the barn, this is what I see: One spotted horse running in the big pasture still wearing his bridle with One very pissed off man marching after him and Two children standing forehead to forehead and nose to nose. My first thought was to make sure no one had fallen off since the horse had made his escape. Come to find out, my two beautiful, sweet little angels had gotten into an argument, Dillon said Sis was bossy, Sis shoved him, he dropped the reins.....you see where this is going. The end result was a captured horse and two kids spending about 10 minutes standing nose to nose. If they moved, their Daddy made them go back. Talk about TORTURE. Can you imagine the PAIN of having to stand with your forehead touching your arch enemy and not being allowed to even talk??? I just said, Welcome Home Dear (He worked cattle at Wardville all weekend) and went into the house to take a shower. The kids recovered from their trauma in time to guilt trip their Daddy into ice cream at the store, and another weekend came to a close!

And how was YOUR day??

2 comments:

D said...

Nice discipline technique!

bean said...

I laughed until I cried on this one! This is hilarious! Wonder if this would work for Mickie and Chris?????