Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend News

Well, friday night Chris decided it was time to take the front porch apart and begin to fix the water damage. Now, two things you should know about my husband, 1. carpentry is NOT his thing; and 2. neither is patience. My blood pressure instantly began to rise as did my anxiety level as I anticipated the mess, the fit, and the aftermath. Dillon on the other hand was THRILLED and walked around with a hammer stuck into his carpenter jeans. Getting the new plywood up was a challenge since Chris only had me and Dillon as help. The process involved backing the truck under the porch and me with my feet on the truck bed leaned up against the bricks of the house balancing the plywood on my head until Chris could get enough screws in place to hold it, all the while with Dillon supervising. Masen and I made our escape in the early afternoon and headed to the fall festival at Wilburton where a crazy indian man sold her a crystal and sang a prayer over her. She is very proud of her Choctaw heritage and thought this was cool. I was ready to call security.

Yesterday Masen had a rodeo. She ran a 19.34, her fastest yet. Dillon and I went shopping.

AND as a shout out to my husband...the porch turned out GREAT. He did a fantastic job and I had to eat my words as I have always said he cant build anything square or level. Turns out, he can, when he wants to!

Happy Fall Y'all.

No comments: