Friday, October 12, 2007

AAAHHHH FRIDAY!

Another work week comes to an end. Sounds great until you realize there really isn't an "end", its actually circular. Friday leads to Monday which leads to Friday which leads to...well you get the idea. So, the best we can do is enjoy each moment. You know, carpe diem. So this weekend I am going to spend time playing with my kids, watching them run with their puppies in the yard or ride horses, or just watching Hannah Montana. I like to just observe them. I like to watch them figure things out, you can almost see the wheels turning. I like to catch my daughter when she thinks no one is watching, and she is talking softly to her horse or her kittens. She looks so sweet and young and innocent and all the things she is supposed to be, and is. She is truly one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever encountered. She talks to her horse, he is her confidante and decision-making helper. When she is riding and its just her and him in the pasture, she is closer to who she is more than at any other time. She amazes me.

The boy, he is ALL boy. Let's climb trees and chase the cats or put the cat INTO the pen with the dogs. (dont worry, the cat LOVES it, no really) The minute he was born, (ok, actually the minute the Zoloft kicked in and kicked out the depression!!) I said he had my heart. He has one tiny dimple in his right cheek. I love that dimple. When he opens up into a full, ornery smile, I could just pull that dimple off and eat it up. He is learning to play Kum By Yah on his guitar. He can now stand and almost walk on his hands. He likes to aggravate his Pa Pa by calling him Hairy Monster or teasing him about being bald. He is full of all things boy and snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

One thing everyone should know about me, I know how blessed I am. Everyday I have to walk on this earth, I am grateful to God for the blessings in my life. My life is full with blessings and I pray never to forget that.

Ya'll have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is a neat thing... I need one for my ***LOGS*** I guess only you could understand them though.

bean said...

I've made her promise to stay on zoloft until Dillon is 18!!! After that, Chris is on his own! HAHA!