Thursday, October 25, 2007

Growing Pains II

Dillon is refusing to get a hair cut. Now by refusing, I mean he doesn't want to and I haven't forced him. (Hopefully he knows better than to flat out REFUSE) Now any of you that know my husband knows that this is driving him insane! That fact that Dillon's hair can actually touch the top of his ears is eating at Chris like a mange mite on a mutt. Chris keeps (what's left of) his hair in a military style cut. He calls it a "go anywhere" haircut. Dillon has very thick, wavy hair. Its getting harder to control and he loves it. He gets in front of the sink and mirror every morning and wets it down with his Daddy's comb and gets it JUST the way he wants it, grins really big, and walks out. I think it's the most adorable thing ever, Chris has to leave the room! I realize as the kiddos grow up that there will be tons of opportunities to go to battle with them over any number of things. I am trying to instill the idea into Chris that we are going to have to pick our battles and letting Dillon grow his hair a little longer won't necessarily mean he is destined for a life of crime, or even hot checks. Its just a little independence coming through.

However, my fear for the future is: if this bothers Chris THIS much, how will I survive the teenage years with both of them??!!

Oh! AND...a BOY called Masen last night. You should have seen CF's reaction to THAT!

Maybe I'll take up drinkin'.

2 comments:

beverely said...

awwww, growing pains....when his hair reaches his chin, like Kyle's did, call me.

Amy said...

lmao...Well Garrett still has somewhat long hair. Each time he is here we get it cut a little more... Man I miss my baby boy, okay he isnt a baby anymore.

Amber and I were in walmart the other day and a little boy from her class was there...Every isle: He would run around Amber Amber Amber...She would laugh and giggle and say momma thats Jason...OMG...Jason better GO AWAY or someone will get hurt...lol