Thursday, January 10, 2008

Murphys Law

So, I have been whining on here about being sick, but let me give you some idea of why I HATE to try to see a doctor. Right after New Years, I began running a high fever and feeling like sh*!. So, I decided to go to the walk in clinic. However, one of the ladies I work with told me her husband was there and it was full. He had been waiting several hours. I then called the Choctaw Nation Clinic and was told, "Sure, we are taking walk ins today". I drove out there, signed in and sat. One hour and thirty minutes later the lady at the front desk informed all walk ins that the staff had decided to take lunch (apparently together) and would not be seeing patients for at least another 45 minutes to an hour. I took that as my opportunity to LEAVE. I felt so bad, I was crying. Later that night I ended up in the ER. Now, fast forward to yesterday. I have been sick to my stomach since Dec. 24th. I'll spare you details. Finally on Monday, I'd had enough and called the McAlester Clinic. The ONLY doctor who could see me before February 1st was Dr. Cotton. I said, hey, I'll take it. I just wanted some relief. My appt was at 1:30 so I left here and got to clinic around 1:20. I stood in line and paid my co-pay then got in the next line to “register”. While I was in that line, I watched people disregard the line all together and “cut” in front of those of us following the rules. It got to the point where I confronted a lady who promptly told me where to go. Anyway, I finally get to “register” and head upstairs where I was informed, not very nicely, that my appointment had been set for 1:30 and it was now 1:47 and the doctor would not see me. Seems he has a 15 minute policy. I WAS DOWNSTAIRS IN THEIR MANDATED LINES!

To say I had a negative reaction really doesn't sum it up, but for length and censorship reasons, I'll leave it at that.

No comments: