Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Late nights

Last night Masen had a ball game at 8:30. So after leaving work at 4:30 (yes, two hours late) we went home, ate some dinner and headed back to town. Chris and Dillon stayed home because Dillon missing his bedtime is NOT a pretty sight and we didn't want to cause the first grade teacher any extra stress. Poor Masen, she got into bed around 10:00 pm. Personally, I campaign against these late games. These kids are 9-10 yrs old, that late on a week night is too much. But...since I am coaching, there I was. Speaking of coaching, I have the greatest group of girls and parents. That is a tough combination to get!! I can truly say that not one of these girls grates on my last nerve like some have in the past. They are all well mannered and good sports. Kudos to my parents. You have done something which becomes more rare each day...raised a respectful child and as a volunteer for this job...THANK YOU!

No comments: