Friday, December 7, 2007

Kids

Growing up I never thought I wanted kids, they got on my nerves. (most still do) But after Chris and I had been married for a few years I started to look out the kitchen window and see him outside and picture a "mini Chris" following him around. It took three years, two fertility doctors and one miscarriage to get Masen here; Dillon, well it took a little over a year and one visit to the doc for fertility drugs. (I found out I was pregnant the day I went to fill the Rx, so I never took them) I've come to believe that they are on loan from God. They aren't really mine, they are His but He is letting me borrow them, mostly to teach me what love really is, and its my job to love them enough to teach them how to get back to Him. I believe my kids are here to teach me how to love; to teach me what heartache and heartjoy truly are. And they do. I lie on the couch with Dillon curled up next to me, his little warm body all snuggled in tight and the top of his head right under my nose and I think about how marvelous and magnificent and amazing this creature is, and right when I am getting all teary eyed, he'll turn to me and say, "Mom why do dogs sniff butts to say hello?", or "Mom, I have a booger, can you get it?"

Who knew butt sniffing and boogers could sound so sweet?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwe I was on the verge of wiping that tear from my face, thinking about my little amber and then come the butts and boogers...lol They are definately priceless!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy these moments - I keep telling you that in a few more years you'll be wanting to strangle the crap out of them and wondering WHY you didn't make the hubby sleep outside in the barn that night! LOL - Pam