Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Denial of "Leonard"

I've written before about Dillon's desire to NOT cut his hair. It has now grown into a thick mop which has just enough curl in it to make it go in every direction possible. Its an adventure each morning to see what little bed head is going to look like. Then its an extreme adventure to try and comb it into submission and make it look respectable. I told him over the weekend that his hair had a mind of its own and if it kept growing, we were going to have to name it and build it a bedroom. He did NOT find this amusing by the way. Chris was walking by and christened his hair "Leonard". So, the conversations would go something like this: "Dillon come here, Leonard is not behaving" or "Leonard is standing up trying to look around again." You get the picture. Finally last night, Dillon had had enough. So, I have promised him I will not call his hair Leonard anymore. (at least not where he can hear)

But Leonard and I continue to do battle. This morning Leonard was in a particularly bad hair mood. So, I'd like to take this last opportunity to tell Leonard, "I have scissors and I am not afraid to use them."

No comments: