Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fa La La La La

So, the new firm I am working for does a christmas project each year. They contact the local schools and ask about children who are in need. The schools send names, ages, sizes, and toy preference to us. This year we had 71 kids to provide for. Each child gets a new coat and a couple of toys, along with a christmas candy sack. Everything is purchased and brought here to our conference room. Then it is sorted by school, then by child. The presents are then wrapped and delivered to the schools, or a school rep picks them up. I have to say that I really enjoyed the process. I had a scrooge day yesterday, but then went shopping last night for a 5 year old girl, who, when asked what she wanted, replied "shoes". So I took Masen and we went to wal mart. We bought clothes and shoes and dolls and crayons and.'.well you see where this is going. My family is so blessed. No we don't own vacation houses in Malibu, or drive BMW's or Mercedes, but our needs are more than met. I dont want to take any part of my blessings for granted, whether they be material or not. I am grateful. I am blessed. And I am humbled. My God is an awesome God.

No comments: