Thursday, February 11, 2010

SER-I-OUS-LY

I'm sick. For the last two nights I have been sleeping on the couch so that I can prop my head up in hopes that at least some of this "mucous" will drain away. I am congested, snot-filled, sore throated, crusty-eyed SICK.

This morning my alarm went off at 6:15 (ugh, do the kids REALLY need to EAT before school??) and I rolled off the couch and pinballed off the walls until I managed to reach my bedroom door, eyes half-closed and hacking like a 200 yr old smoker. Chris is sitting on the edge of our bed watching the news. He takes one look at me stumbling into the room and says:

WAIT!! STOP!

I froze. (I should have known better, but hey, I was not fully awake AND right now I have more snot than gray matter in my brain)

Me: What?

CF: New rule. You can no longer enter this room unless you are topless.

Me: (Unfroze I fell face forward onto my bed) You know...you are SO MUCH FUNNIER when I am not drowning in SNOT.

CF: (Grinning like he wasn't about to get smacked) Well, you know...I have a "cure" for....

That is as far as he got.

Oh don't worry...I only broke two of his fingers.

2 comments:

J. Utley said...

Hey... that 'cure' works every time! My wife gets better in 3-4 days after 5 or 6 treatments...

Pam said...

If only sex really did cure all the things men claim it does...