Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a miracle we make it out of the door each day...oh wait...

When Chris and I had been married about three years, he accidentally locked me out of the house. It's a long story that includes him leaving to work cattle, me wearing nothing but the tank top and shorts I'd slept in, walking to the neighbors house barefoot, and eventually breaking into my own home.

Well, yesterday he managed to accidentally lock me IN the house. We were heading out to worship, he was taking the kids to Sunday school and I was coming later to worship service. Before he left, he decided to be "sweet" and wash his nasty feeding clothes. He and the kids left and I started to get ready when I heard the washing machine BANG BANG WHUP WHUP WHUP. (The concept of balancing the clothes in the washer is lost on my loving husband) I got up and headed to the laundry room only to find that the washer had "walked" its way in front of the door blocking any entry or exit to that room. Now, my laundry room is the gateway to my garage, where my car was, with the garage door opener IN the car. The result: I had no way to get to my car or into my garage.

At least I had access to my clothes this time..

No comments: