Monday, February 8, 2010

Really??

Last week I woke up with a sore throat and feeling like crap, so I decided that after I dropped the kids at school, I'd head to the walk-in clinic. I made my co-pay and headed to the kiosks to update all my info. While I was there answering questions, the clerk said she needed to see a picture ID, then went on to comment that with all the new regulations and procedures pretty soon you'd need security clearance to see a doctor. (Obviously she is not thrilled with her new S.O.P) Her next comment was something like this:

"You know, it's silly, most people don't even look like their drivers license picture, so what's the point. Except you, now you look exactly like your picture!"

She then stopped and smiled up at me. I smiled back until I realized I was standing before her sick, dark circles under my eyes, not one single drop of make-up whatsoever, and had barely finger combed my hair that morning.

Apparently I need to re-take my D.L. photo.

No comments: