Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Of Ice and Me

I'll apologize to Steinbeck later.

In 2000-01 we had an ice storm. I was very pregnant with Dillon and hormonal is an understatement. We had no heat, no water, no power. We moved in with my parents who at least had a wood stove and camping equipment. Then in 2007, the ice moved in and at one point not a single business in the city of McAlester was open, not even Wal Mart. My parents were without electricity for almost two weeks. We were lucky, we were only without power for a few hours. So, when the meterologists started predicting bad weather and issueing Ice Storm Warnings for our area, my first reaction was NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So far so good. Yes, the ice is falling, but (keeping fingers crossed) its not that bad. Now I've said it...let's hope it stays this way. If not, great whining and whimpering will follow.

No comments: