Tuesday, January 20, 2009

KHARMA

I went to OU on saturday for my Evidence class. Also taking this class is a lady who lives not too far from my hometown. I'll call her "K". So, after getting up before dawn and driving 2 hours to Norman, we sit in a classroom from 9 am to 5 pm stopping only for a couple of breaks and lunch. Last saturday however, we got out an hour early and head home. I had left the classroom before "K" and stopped for gas and a coke. A few miles down the road "K" and I met up about half way home. As we were driving through Seminole, I recognized her car in front of me. Now any of you that know me at all will not be surprised that my first thought, was "AH HA! I am going to pass her!!" Yes, I know, it is surprising that I am not a Nascar fan, but anyway..., pass her I did. So, I am rocking on down the road and a few miles later...there he is...a troop D highway patrolman. I went ahead and pulled over before I saw his lights come on. (Let's just say..I've been here before!) Sure enough, here he came. As I am chatting with Mr. OHP about my speed, I see "K" pass by, grinning from ear to ear. (Yeah, I deserved the laugh she was having at my expense). He finishes with me (I got a warning) and lets me go, I called my friend "T', whose ex-husband is the troop D commander AND my daughter was at his house that very minute playing with their daughter. As I am telling her about my troop D experience I see ANOTHER one. I said OH CRAP "T" there's another one and instinctively hit my brakes. And there she was...parked in front of the OHP, with his lights flashing, it was "K". She smiled and waved as I went by.

I think they are after us.

Thus ended another school day for me and "K".

No comments: