Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crying Wolf

My sister found a stray dog on the road and took it home. It turned out to be the sweetest dog ever. All she wants to do is lay on her back and have you scratch her belly. She doesn't roam and will jump in your car for a ride on a seconds notice. BUT, it turns out she doesn't mix well with chickens. So...she ended up at MY house. What my kind, loving sister neglected to tell me is that, Angel (Macy named her), is part wolf. She has a howl that will turn your blood cold and make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. (Or as in CF's case, make you almost wet yourself if you are feeding in the middle of the night and she cuts loose only 20 ft. behind you) I've also noticed that NONE, not one single cat, will come near my house. I love cats. We have always had tons of barn cats which I would feed on the back patio. They in turn would bring their dead "critters" to my back door to show their appreciation. It was more of a love-hate relationship. But now, they won't come anywhere close to the house. Basic instinct or survival skill? It could just be that Angel can run alot faster than the basset hound, or it could be that they somehow know there is a small part of her that will eat them for a snack.

No comments: