Friday, July 25, 2008

Snips, Snails, Puppy Dog Tails, Sugar, Spice, All Thats Nice

My kids are, of course, the most fantastic creatures on earth. They make me smile everyday. (Not an easy accomplishment if you listen to my husband!!)

Dillon is such a boy. His biggest thrill at 4th of July was to see if a sparkler would burn the dead worm in our front yard. He catches frogs, grasshoppers, lizards, and brings me "cool" rocks he finds in the drive way. He does his best to aggravate his sister to her breaking point, and then giggles like a mad man when she explodes. (He can generally stop short of causing her to be violent, but occasionally, I have to save his hiney)

Macy is growing up so fast, suspended between being a little girl and being a young lady. Some days she is all teenage attitude, complete with eye rolls and my mom is soooo embarassing deep sighs and door slams. Then there are the days she can be found locked up with her AG dolls playing dress up and making up stories for them. She is a dancer at heart but also a cowgirl. Horses are her passion, and normalcy to her is wearing her tutu one day while competing a ballet solo, to wearing jeans and boots the next and running barrels at a rodeo.

Both are straight A students. Both are gorgeous. They are required to call adults Mr. or Ms. (Ms. Ashley, Mr. Steve). I am grateful and amazed constantly with these two gifts. My most wonderful God, how great Thou art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mickie!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I had to approve your comment, but it's there now!

Your kiddos sound like some wonderful kids. Aidan (2 1/2) is already terrorizing Rori (1). He has a thing for rocks too. LOL