Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hearts, hugs and kisses

Red roses, big heart shaped balloons, cupid is everywhere today. I have now spent 15 valentine's days with Chris. He is consistently, yet lovingly predictable. I got a card, and two homemade ones from the kids, two cd's I've been asking for, and the requisite roses. I get roses three times a year: Valentine's Day, birthday, and anniversary, like clockwork. And no, they never get old or ordinary to me. I love knowing that today, Foster's Flowers will bring my vase filled with four red roses (from Chris) four pink roses (from Masen) and four yellow roses (from Dillon) to my office.

This year Dillon made me a teddy bear card at school and wrote, will you be my valentine? He is the sweetest little man and I am totally enthralled with him. Everything about him, from his ornery little grin to that sweet dimple that appears when he is grinning, makes me smile.

My daughter is growing up. Today she wanted to wear a dress to school. Now, this is the child that will not leave the house in anything other than jeans and cowboy boots. (hmm sound like her DAD??!!) She looked beautiful as she tried to sneak her present for her "valentine" out the door in a wal-mart sack so that her Dad wouldn't see. He might as well get used to the idea, she is beautiful, boys are going to notice. He played his part and ignored the white plastic sack completely.

On this Valentine's Day, my heart could not be more full.

1 comment: