Friday, July 23, 2010

Replay

Somewhere on this blog I have a post about trying to refill my Rx at the Choctaw clinic last year. So I really shouldn't have been surprised when the time came to refill again and the process went less than smoothly. It went something like this:

Phone call to clinic: My prescription has expired and I need to get it cleared.
Clerk: OK, the next appointment is Sept. 13th.
Me: Well, I know I should have called sooner, but I am needing it cleared before then. (I withdraw badly on this med.)
Clerk: Sorry.
Me: Is there not something that can be done?
Clerk: (sigh) I'll leave a note for Dr. X's nurse.
Me: Thank you.

NEXT DAY

Phone call to clinic: I left a message for Dr. X's nurse yesterday about my Rx.
Clerk: Ok I'll transfer you.
(transfer...ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...you see where this is going)

NEXT DAY

Phone call to clinic: I need to talk to Dr. X's nurse, please.
Different Clerk: I'm sorry he is on vacation until the first of August.
Me: SERIOUSLY???

I go through the entire explanation again. She transfers me to the Adult Care desk.

Me: (Explanation AGAIN)
Clerk: Well, the only thing you can do since you will have to see a different doctor is come in tomorrow at 8:00 am and try to get seen as a walk-in.
Me: Ok, thank you. (I was SOOO calm it was scary to even me! HA)

8:00 AM NEXT DAY

At check in desk: Go through story again.
Clerk: Ok, I will make you an appointment for 2:00 pm today.
Me: Oookkkk, can I not stay and try to see someone now?
Clerk: Sorry, they are in meetings til noon. Someone should have told you.
Me: (still SURPRISINGLY calm) Ok, thank you.

2:00 PM SAME DAY

Sitting in waiting room after checking in my phone rings. It is the clinic calling to tell me...oh wait...you are already here...I'll come out to get you. Click. Nurse appears: I am so sorry, but they scheduled you for a doctor who isn't even here today. There is nobody here that can see you today but if you come back tomorrow at 8:20 am, we will work you in.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!??!!??!!

What else was there to do? I said Thank You and came back the next morning. Refill cleared. Happy pills for everyone!!

No comments: