Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today....I hit a pole

It was a dark and rainy morning....ha ha. Actually the storms knocked over our basketball goal this morning after Chris had left for work. The goal just happened to be right behind the garage door, effectively blocking me in. So, my brilliant idea was to gently push it with the back bumper of my car until I could maneuver around it. The previous owners of our house had put their basketball goal in concrete, so that when the winds blew it over, it left a cement filled pole sticking up about 2 feet out of the ground. Yeah, you can't really see it from the drivers side of a car. Especially if you are focusing on the basketball goal behind you and the bicycles to your left, and the torrential rain, and....OK, FINE, I hit the blasted thing. (This word is nicer than the one I used earlier) Now I have a lovely dent and scrape in my car.

I should have called in sick!

No comments: